Saturday, October 8, 2011

A Scene

I really like Blogger's new format. It feels less like an unfortunate collection of misplaced html. I approve of Google's new branding and design efforts. I know, Google, it was a long time coming, but I'm finally giving you the validation you were so craving. Now stop blubbering and get back to work.

I'm not very good at writing consistently. I know, this isn't news. So here's a development: I'm getting better! Further, the rate at which I am improving will ensure that I finish the first draft of my next feature sometime in 2018. Of course, I'll have to pick a story first, but that's a small detail in light of such unmitigated triumph.

But seriously. I had this idea. I will write a random scene every day. I will never spend more than one hour on this scene, and it does not have to relate to any particular project. It'll be sort of like writerly jamming. See what I come up with, remove the neurosis that typically accompanies, well, all of my efforts.

To nail this commitment into place, I now promise to post one scene here, right here, on this blog, here, every week. In keeping with the loose, calm atmosphere I'm trying to implement, the only guideline I'll make for myself is that I won't post anything I didn't write within the preceding week. Keep it fresh...Jeff. (I just made that up.)

To start: "Two-Man Job"

(HINT Click on the link to see the scene.)

Also, in the time since I last posted, those quietly dignified rock stars back in Provo graced the YouTubes with another video. It's funny. And short. In fact, very funny, and very short.

Bam:

2 comments:

  1. Oh geez!! This is the first time I've seen the new QD's and I must say, I'm not sure I'll ever be able to play that game w/my grandchildren now! And the milk/kitten....I miss you twisted friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, and about the scene an hour idea--LOVE it! Why just an hour tho? I mean, you can break that rule if you want right? If you're really getting into it? But I think the time line's a grrreat way to remove the pressure from yourself and I'm intrigued w/this first run.

    Post the mime one too, k?

    ReplyDelete